Foie Gras and Jamon Iberico
This recipe uses some to the worlds most treasured ingredients. Foie gras and Iberico Ham. This ham gains it’s genesis from Iberian hogs that are raised in the forest’s of north west Spain,where their diets are largely foraged from the hill sides and they are finished off eating acorns. The taste of this ham is extraordinary. Foie Gras also has an incomparable flavor with a melt in you mouth texture. The combination of these two ingredients is really something special.
- 8 slices of Jamon Iberico
- 8 slices of duck Foie
- 1 lb onions, sliced
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 8 slices of French baguette
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- In a saute pan add the olive oil using medium heat.
- Add the sugar and the sliced onions.
- Cook slowly until the onions have caramelized. About 40 plus minutes.
- Add the wine and cook for another 20 minutes or until the wine reduces.
- Meanwhile toast the baguette slices in a hot oven until slightly browned.
- Once the onion mixture is done spread it equally on the 8 baguette slices and lay 1 slice of the Jamon on top.
- In a saute pan over high heat cook the Foi for 30 seconds on each side the place atop the ham slices.