Lemon Puff Slices
|1 and 1/2 sheets of frozen puff pastry, thawed|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1 and 3/4 cups ground almonds|
|2 egg yolks|
|grated peel and juice of 2 lemons|
|1/4 cup lemon marmalade|
This is lemony dessert is topped with marmalade and is perfect served with coffee with tea.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Divide puff pastry dough in half.
- On a floured surface, roll out each halve to a (23×10) inch rectangle.
- Cut each piece in half across the shorter side.
- Sprinkle 2 baking sheets with cold water.
- Place 1 piece of dough on each dampened baking sheet.
- For the filling, mix sugar, almonds, 1 egg yolk.lemon peel and juice in a bowl.
- Spread the filling over the dough, leaving a small margin around the edges.
- Beat the remaining egg yolk and brush dough edges .
- Place one of the remaining pieces of dough on top of each.
- Press the edges together lightly.
- Brush the tops with egg yolk and pierce the top of the dough all over with a fork.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until golden.
- To make glaze, warm marmalade and brush over hot pastry.
- Cool on rack.
- Chill and cut into slices.