|1 and 1/2 lbs of large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed|
|3 tbs olive oil|
|2 cloves garlic minced|
|1 (16 oz) can of tomatoes, with sauce|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp oregano|
|1/4 cup Parmesan cheese|
|2 tbs parsley, chopped|
|6 slices of mozzarella cheese|
This is a twist on the classic Italian Parmigiana that uses shrimp.
- Cook shrimp in boiling salted water for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Slice the shrimp in half length wise and set aside.
- Heat oil and garlic in a saute pan, remove from heat and slowly add the tomatoes.
- Break the tomatoes up with a wooden spoon.
- Season with salt, pepper and oregano and simmer for 30 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Spoon a layer of the sauce is a shallow baking dish and add a layer of shrimp and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Repeat layers until all shrimp is in the dish and cover the top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes until cheese is melted and lightly browned.