Basque Potatoes with Bacon
|3 lbs of baking potatoes, peeled and sliced|
|6 tomatoes, quartered and seeded|
|8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled|
|5 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 tsp fresh thyme or 3/4 tsp dried|
|2 cups sliced mushrooms|
|1 and 1/2 cups ripe olives, quartered|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/2 cup dry sherry|
|1/2 cup butter, melted|
This is a Basque inspired potato dish.
- Layer potatoes alternately with tomatoes in a large shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle with bacon, 3 cloves minced garlic, thyme, mushrooms and olives.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sherry over potatoes.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Combine butter and remaining 2 cloves of garlic.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Bake uncovered until potatoes are tender, about 40 to 45 minutes.