Basque Potatoes with Bacon
- 3 lbs of baking potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 6 tomatoes, quartered and seeded
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme or 3/4 tsp dried
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 and 1/2 cups ripe olives, quartered
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
This is a Basque inspired potato dish.
- Layer potatoes alternately with tomatoes in a large shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle with bacon, 3 cloves minced garlic, thyme, mushrooms and olives.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sherry over potatoes.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Combine butter and remaining 2 cloves of garlic.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Bake uncovered until potatoes are tender, about 40 to 45 minutes.