Cauliflower Potato Mash
|1 and 1/2 lbs of Yukon gold potatoes|
|1/2 head of fresh cauliflower|
|1/2 cup milk|
|2 tbs unsalted butter|
|1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese|
|1 tbs Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1 tsp garlic powder|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This is a wonderful side dish that combines fresh cauliflower and Yukon gold potatoes.
- Peel and quarter the potatoes.
- Break the cauliflower into florets
- Add the cauliflower florets and potatoes to a large sauce pan and cover with lightly salted water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. Remove from pan and allow the potatoes to cook for another 8 minutes or so.
- Drain water and return pan to medium heat to evaporate most of the water out of the potatoes.
- Add the cauliflower back to the pan along with the milk, butter, garlic powder, pepper.
- Mash the mixture until a little chunky.
- Add in the cheeses and mix well.