Cauliflower Potato Mash
- 1 and 1/2 lbs of Yukon gold potatoes
- 1/2 head of fresh cauliflower
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbs Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is a wonderful side dish that combines fresh cauliflower and Yukon gold potatoes.
- Peel and quarter the potatoes.
- Break the cauliflower into florets
- Add the cauliflower florets and potatoes to a large sauce pan and cover with lightly salted water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. Remove from pan and allow the potatoes to cook for another 8 minutes or so.
- Drain water and return pan to medium heat to evaporate most of the water out of the potatoes.
- Add the cauliflower back to the pan along with the milk, butter, garlic powder, pepper.
- Mash the mixture until a little chunky.
- Add in the cheeses and mix well.