Madeira and Mushroom Soup
- 1 lb of mixed mushrooms, finely chopped
- 6 tbs butter
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 tbs flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Madeira wine
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- Parsley, chopped for garnish
The addition of Madeira wine to this soup give it a deep rich wonderful flavor.
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan
- Add onion and saute for 10 minutes or until browned.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle in flour and cook until bubbly.
- Gradually stir in stock and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in Madeira and heavy cream. Heat through, but do not boil.
- Serve at once and garnish with chopped parsley or chives.