Madeira and Mushroom Soup
|1 lb of mixed mushrooms, finely chopped|
|6 tbs butter|
|1 medium onion, minced|
|3 tbs flour|
|3 cups chicken stock|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/2 cup Madeira wine|
|2/3 cup heavy cream|
|Parsley, chopped for garnish|
The addition of Madeira wine to this soup give it a deep rich wonderful flavor.
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan
- Add onion and saute for 10 minutes or until browned.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle in flour and cook until bubbly.
- Gradually stir in stock and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in Madeira and heavy cream. Heat through, but do not boil.
- Serve at once and garnish with chopped parsley or chives.