Chinese Hot Pepper and Black Bean Sauce
|5 tbs of canola oil|
|3 tbs crushed red pepper flakes|
|1 and 1/2 tbs fermented black beans, rinsed and drained (available at Asian Markets)|
|1 and 1/2 tbs minced garlic|
|2 tsp dry sherry|
|2 tsp sesame oil|
|1/2 tsp salt|
This is a great sauce to add a little heat to stir fry dishes.
- In a jar or small bowl, place oil, red pepper, black beans, garlic, sherry, sesame oil and salt.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Set jar or bowl on rack over simmering water.
- Cover and steam for 45 minutes.
- Cool, cover and refrigerate. Sauce will keep indefinitely.
- Serve at room temperature.