Chinese Hot Pepper and Black Bean Sauce
- 5 tbs of canola oil
- 3 tbs crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 and 1/2 tbs fermented black beans, rinsed and drained (available at Asian Markets)
- 1 and 1/2 tbs minced garlic
- 2 tsp dry sherry
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
This is a great sauce to add a little heat to stir fry dishes.
- In a jar or small bowl, place oil, red pepper, black beans, garlic, sherry, sesame oil and salt.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Set jar or bowl on rack over simmering water.
- Cover and steam for 45 minutes.
- Cool, cover and refrigerate. Sauce will keep indefinitely.
- Serve at room temperature.