Cornmeal Fried Soft Shell Crabs
- 6 cleaned soft shell crab
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups corn flour
- kosher salt
- 2 cups of lard or oil for frying
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
This is a New Orleans version of fried soft shell crabs.
- Heat lard or oil to 360 degrees.
- In a bowl add the eggs and milk and whisk until smooth.
- Add corn flour to another bowl and add several dashes of salt, cayenne, and milk and mix well.
- Drop the crabs in the milk, and let drain then dredge in the corn flour.
- Add the crabs to the hot lard and fry for about 4 to 5 minutes or until crabs are golden and crispy.
- Serve alone or you can make sandwiches dressed with lettuce, tomatoes and spicy mayo.