|1lb mascarpone cheese|
|1 and 1/4 cups whipping cream|
|1/4 cup sugar|
|1 and 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract|
|1 cup espresso or strong coffee|
|3 tbs dark rum|
|1/2 lb of ladyfingers|
|1 oz bittersweet chocolate, grated|
This is a classic Italian dessert that is composed of lady fingers dipped in a coffee-alcohol mixture, then layered with mascarpone cheese and grated chocolate. At a high end restaurant you will have pay top dollar. The good news is that you can easily make this dessert at home.
- With and electric or hand mixer beat the cheese, whipping cream and sugar until just blended.
- Add the rum to the espresso and mix well
- Place 1/2 of the lady fingers in the bottom of a 3 quart bowl or trifle dish.
- Brush lady fingers with 1/2 of the espresso mixture.
- Layer half of the mascarpone mixture over the lady fingers.
- Sprinkle with half of the grated chocolate.
- Repeat the layers, cover and chill for at least 8 hours.