Avocado and Tomato Platter
|2 large ripe tomatoes, cored|
|2 ripe avocados|
|12 large basil leaves|
|1 small can of Anchovie fillets, in olive oil|
|3 tbs of balsamic or red wine vinegar|
|1 tbs olive oil|
|kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste|
|1 tbs lemon juice|
- Cut each tomato into 6 equal sized wedges.
- Peel and pit and quarter each avocado. Set 2 wedges of avocado aside. Squeeze lemon juice over avocados to prevent discoloration.
- On a serving platter or on individual plates and arrange tomatoes, basil leaves, and avocados in a artful manner.
- In a blender or food processor, whirl reserved avocados with anchovies, vinegar oil, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Spoon dressing over tomatoes and avocados.