Avocado and Tomato Platter
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, cored
- 2 ripe avocados
- 12 large basil leaves
- 1 small can of Anchovie fillets, in olive oil
- 3 tbs of balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- Cut each tomato into 6 equal sized wedges.
- Peel and pit and quarter each avocado. Set 2 wedges of avocado aside. Squeeze lemon juice over avocados to prevent discoloration.
- On a serving platter or on individual plates and arrange tomatoes, basil leaves, and avocados in a artful manner.
- In a blender or food processor, whirl reserved avocados with anchovies, vinegar oil, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Spoon dressing over tomatoes and avocados.