- 1/3 cup water
- 8 cups of apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 (3inch) cinnamon stick
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 cups sugar
This is a deep rose colored applesauce with the addition of tart cranberries.
- Place water, apples, cranberries, cinnamon stick and cloves in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Bring it to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until apples are just tender.
- Stir in the sugar and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Cool and remove cinnamon stick.