- 1 lb of fresh or frozen cranberries
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (3oz) package jello lemon gelatin
A smooth and slightly tart frozen treat that is excellent as appetizer or relish.
- Cook cranberries in the water until the skins burst.
- Mash berries with a fork or potato masher.
- Strain berries through a wire mesh strainer.
- Heat strained sauce, add sugar and blend well.
- Remove from heat and stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Pour into freezing trays or shallow pans and cool to room temperature.
- Freeze for 2 hours or until almost firm.
- Spoon into chilled bowl and beat until fluffy.
- Return to trays and freeze until firm. 2 to 3 hours.