Catalonian Cod Soup
|1/3 cup pine nuts|
|4 large garlic cloves, minced|
|2 cups chopped onions|
|1 tbs olive oil|
|1 large pinch of saffron or 1/2 tsp turmeric|
|1 (28oz) can of tomatoes, drained|
|2 (14.5oz) of chicken broth|
|2/3 cup dry white wine|
|2 lb of Alaska Cod fillets|
|1/2 cup chopped parsley|
|4 slices of French or Italian bread, cut into bite sized pieces and toasted|
- In a food processor or blender, grind nuts and garlic into a paste.
- In a large nonstick saute pan, cook onions in olive oil over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Add garlic paste, saffron, tomatoes, chicken broth and wine.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add Cod fillets to pan and turn off heat. Let stand covered for 5 to 5 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes easily.
- Break cod into large chunks,stir in parsley and bread and cook on low heat for 3 minutes more.
- Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute