Dandelion and Fruit Salad
- 1/4 cup of herb vinegar
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 cups dandelion leaves, torn
- 5 cups red lettuce leaves, torn
- 2 and 3/4 cups apple, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups orange sections, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbs toasted almonds, chopped
Dandelion greens are super healthy and delicious and are available in many of the better supermarkets.
- Combine vinegar and next five ingredients on the list.
- Stir with a whisk until well blended, set aside.
- Combine dandelion greens, lettuce, oranges and apples in a large bowl. Toss gently.
- Add vinegar mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle with almonds.