Lima Beans with Spinach
|2 cups Lima beans|
|1/2 cup onion, chopped|
|1 cup fennel, cut into 4 inch strips|
|1 tbs canola oil|
|1 (10 oz) bag of spinach|
|1 tbs vinegar|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 tbs fresh chives or 1/2 tbs dried|
- In a sauce pan, steam and boil the Lima beans for about 10 minutes. Drain.
- In a saute pan, saute onions and fennel in oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add beans and chicken broth to pan and cover. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and cook until wilted. About 2 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and let stand for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve.