Black Bean Broccoli and Cheese Empanapita
- 2 cups of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups of fresh vegetables (broccoli, corn, bell pepper or other vegetables)
- 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breast, grilled and diced
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 4 (6 inch) pitas
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine beans, vegetables, chicken, cheese and seasonings in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Cut pitas in half and open the pockets.
- Divide filling evenly between the four halves.
- Place pitas on a non stick baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes until the filling is hot and the cheese is melted.