Teriyaki Braised Alaska Black Cod with Colorful Vegetables
|4 Alaskan black Cod fillets|
|1 tbs vegetable oil|
|1/2 cup teriyaki sauce|
|2 tsp garlic,minced|
|2 tbs Riesling wine|
|1 small red bell pepper, cut into strips|
|4 scallions, cut into 3 inch pieces|
|1 carrot, cut in julienne (match stick pieces)|
|Lemon wedges and toasted sesame seeds for garnish|
- Prepare all ingredients in advance.
- Rinse Alaska Black Cod if frozen under cold water. Pat dry.
- Heat a nonstick skilled over medium- high heat.
- Brush both sides of fish with oil.
- Place cod in heated skilled and cook, uncovered for about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Turn fish and add teriyaki sauce, garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the wine carrots, bell pepper, and onion.
- Cover pan and reduce the heat to low and continue to cook until fish is opaque.
- Sprinkle wit lemon juice.
- Serve fish topped with vegetables and toasted sesame seeds.
Recipe courtesy of the Alaska Sea Food Marketing Institute.