Teriyaki Braised Alaska Black Cod with Colorful Vegetables
- 4 Alaskan black Cod fillets
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tsp garlic,minced
- 2 tbs Riesling wine
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 4 scallions, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1 carrot, cut in julienne (match stick pieces)
- Lemon wedges and toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Prepare all ingredients in advance.
- Rinse Alaska Black Cod if frozen under cold water. Pat dry.
- Heat a nonstick skilled over medium- high heat.
- Brush both sides of fish with oil.
- Place cod in heated skilled and cook, uncovered for about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Turn fish and add teriyaki sauce, garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the wine carrots, bell pepper, and onion.
- Cover pan and reduce the heat to low and continue to cook until fish is opaque.
- Sprinkle wit lemon juice.
- Serve fish topped with vegetables and toasted sesame seeds.
Recipe courtesy of the Alaska Sea Food Marketing Institute.