Crab and Swiss Cheese Appetizers
- 1 lb of back fin crab meat
- 1 and 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 scallions, minced, white and green parts
- 5 tbs butter
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 36 slices of cocktail sized rye bread, slightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place bread on a baking sheet spread with butter and toast in oven. About 7 minutes.
- Combine crab with sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire, cayenne pepper and 1 cup of the Swiss cheese.
- Spread 1 tbs of the crab mixture on each slice of bread.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese evenly over the bread slices.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve hot.