Fresh Corn and Tomato Medley
|8 ears of sweet corn, kernels removed, about 4 cups|
|1 stick of unsalted butter|
|1 red bell pepper chopped|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|1 Jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp garlic powder|
|1/2 cup fresh herbs (basil and parsley)|
|2 large ripe tomatoes, chopped|
Summertime means farm fresh corn and ripe tomatoes. This recipe combines the two along with fresh herbs. This version is cooked, however you may also prepare it as a salad by adding a fresh vinaigrette.
- Melt the butter in a saute pan.
- Add the corn, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, garlic powder.
- Saute over medium heat for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the herbs and tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.