Fresh Corn and Tomato Medley
- 8 ears of sweet corn, kernels removed, about 4 cups
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs (basil and parsley)
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
Summertime means farm fresh corn and ripe tomatoes. This recipe combines the two along with fresh herbs. This version is cooked, however you may also prepare it as a salad by adding a fresh vinaigrette.
- Melt the butter in a saute pan.
- Add the corn, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, garlic powder.
- Saute over medium heat for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the herbs and tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.