Eastern Kentucky Barbecue Sauce
|2 and 1/2 cups of water|
|1 tbs sugar|
|2 tbs butter|
|1/4 cup vinegar|
|1 tbs salt|
|1/4 cup chopped onion|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|1 tsp cayenne pepper|
|2 tsp chili powder|
|1 tsp hot pepper sauce|
|1 tsp dry mustard powder|
|3 tbs Worcestershire sauce|
This recipe is especially good for basting pork.
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to meld.
- Warm before using.
- Start basting meat at the beginning of cooking and continue until pork registers 160 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- You may also serve this sauce on the side.