Eastern Kentucky Barbecue Sauce
- 2 and 1/2 cups of water
- 1 tbs sugar
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tbs salt
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 3 tbs Worcestershire sauce
This recipe is especially good for basting pork.
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to meld.
- Warm before using.
- Start basting meat at the beginning of cooking and continue until pork registers 160 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- You may also serve this sauce on the side.