Japanese Soba Noodles with Tofu in Ginger Broth
- 1 lb of Soba noodles
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 10 quarter sized slices of unpeeled ginger
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 lb firm tofu, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 large scallions, chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook noodles according to package directions and drain.
- In a medium sauce pan combine the broth, ginger, soy sauce and oil.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add tofu and mushrooms and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the scallions.
- Place 1/4 of the Soba noodles in 1 of 4 bowls and top with the top with the broth and tofu mixture.