Japanese Soba Noodles with Tofu in Ginger Broth
|1 lb of Soba noodles|
|6 cups of chicken broth|
|10 quarter sized slices of unpeeled ginger|
|2 tsp soy sauce|
|2 tsp sesame oil|
|1/2 lb firm tofu, cut into 1 inch chunks|
|2 cups sliced mushrooms|
|3 large scallions, chopped|
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook noodles according to package directions and drain.
- In a medium sauce pan combine the broth, ginger, soy sauce and oil.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add tofu and mushrooms and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the scallions.
- Place 1/4 of the Soba noodles in 1 of 4 bowls and top with the top with the broth and tofu mixture.