Lemon Barbecued Chicken
|3 lbs chicken pieces|
|1 cup canola oil|
|1/2 cup fresh lemon juice|
|2 tbs kosher salt|
|2 tsp paprika|
|2 tsp onion powder|
|1 tsp dried thyme|
- Wash chicken and place in a large glass baking pan.
- Combine all ingredients in a non reactive bowl and mix well.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Turn chicken pieces in marinade occasionally.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator about 1 hour before grilling.
- Place chicken on grill, skin side up and cook over hot coals for about 20 minutes, while brushing with sauce.
- Turn chicken and grill for an additional 20 minutes, while brushing with sauce.