Tomato and Cucumber Salad with Mint
- 2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped, divided
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, divided
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 cups chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- Cut up tomatoes and place in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add half the mint, 1 tsp thyme, salt and pepper, and mix well.
- In a small separate bowl, combine lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, remaining mint and remaining thyme and more salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow dressing to sit for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, peppers, scallions and olives.
- Add the tomatoes and gently mix well.
- When ready to serve whisk the dressing until well combined. Add to salad and mix well.