Maple Vinegar Barbecue Ribs
- 6 to 8 lbs, lean St. Louis cut spare ribs
- 1 cup pure Maple syrup
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tsp onion salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- Combine all ingredients except for the ribs in a sauce pan and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes then let cool.
- Place the rib racks over indirect heat over charcoal and let cook for 1 and 1/2 hours, turning once.
- Brush ribs well on both sides with the barbecue mixture, taking care not to burn.
- Cook for another 30 minutes, basting frequently.