Reuben Egg Rolls
- 1 package of egg roll wrappers
- 1 lb of cooked corn beef, chopped
- 1/2 lb of sauerkraut
- 1/2 lb of Swiss cheese, grated
- Russian dressing for dipping
- Canola oil for deep frying
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- For the Russian dressing
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tbs ketchup
- 2 tbs pickle relish
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Gloucestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
This is a delicious twist on traditional egg rolls.
- Remove egg roll wrappers from packaging.
- Working with one egg roll wrapper at a time, lay on a flat surface. keep remaining egg rolls under a tea towel so they won’t dry out.
- Brush the edges of the egg roll wrapper with some of the beaten egg
- Place 2 tbs of the corn beef, Swiss cheese and sauerkraut in each egg roll, 2 inches from the end.
- Roll each egg roll tightly, folding the edges over as to create and tight seal.
- Repeat with remaining egg roll ingredients, making sure they are tightly sealed
- Add oil to a sauce pan or deep fryer 1/3 full and heat to 350 degrees.
- Fry egg rolls in batches for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix all ingredients for the Russian dressing and serve as a dipping sauce.