Reuben Egg Rolls
|1 package of egg roll wrappers|
|1 lb of cooked corn beef, chopped|
|1/2 lb of sauerkraut|
|1/2 lb of Swiss cheese, grated|
|Russian dressing for dipping|
|Canola oil for deep frying|
|2 eggs lightly beaten|
|For the Russian dressing|
|1/2 cup mayo|
|2 tbs ketchup|
|2 tbs pickle relish|
|2 tsp lemon juice|
|1 tsp Gloucestershire sauce|
|1/2 tsp kosher salt|
|1/4 cup black pepper|
This is a delicious twist on traditional egg rolls.
- Remove egg roll wrappers from packaging.
- Working with one egg roll wrapper at a time, lay on a flat surface. keep remaining egg rolls under a tea towel so they won’t dry out.
- Brush the edges of the egg roll wrapper with some of the beaten egg
- Place 2 tbs of the corn beef, Swiss cheese and sauerkraut in each egg roll, 2 inches from the end.
- Roll each egg roll tightly, folding the edges over as to create and tight seal.
- Repeat with remaining egg roll ingredients, making sure they are tightly sealed
- Add oil to a sauce pan or deep fryer 1/3 full and heat to 350 degrees.
- Fry egg rolls in batches for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix all ingredients for the Russian dressing and serve as a dipping sauce.