|4 round corn tortillas|
|1/4 cup canola oil|
|1 onion, finely chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, crushed|
|2 small red chilies, finely chopped|
|1 (14oz) of pinto beans, drained and mashed roughly|
|2 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped|
|4 oz of cheddar cheese, grated|
- Cut the tortillas into quarters and cut each quarter into three triangles.
- Heat 2 tbs of the oil in a frying pan. Add a few triangles and cook for 30 seconds on each side or until crisp. Add extra oil if necessary.
- For the topping, heat 1 tbs of oil in a medium pan and add the onions, garlic, chili and stir over medium heat for about 3 minutes, or until the onion is tender.
- Stir in the pinto beans, salsa and fresh cilantro.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Spread the topping on the triangles, leaving a border around the edges, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place under a broiler for about 1 minute or until cheese has melted.