Spicy Red Pepper Shrimp
- 3 tbs of hot sauce
- 1 cup beer
- 1 tbs red pepper flakes
- 2 lbs of large shrimp
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 4 tbs canola oil
- 2 tbs hot sauce
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- To marinate the shrimp, in a large bowl combine the 3 tbs of hot sauce, beer and red pepper flakes. Mix well and add the shrimp. Marinate overnight.
- Prepare a charcoal grill for medium high heat.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the tomato sauce, canola oil, 2 tbs of hot sauce, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, ginger and garlic to make a basting sauce.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade and place then on metal or wooden skewers that have been soaked in water for 30 minutes.
- Place the skewered shrimp on the grill.
- Baste the shrimp as they cook for 4 to 5 minutes, turning them often.
- Serve with the remaining basting sauce for dipping.