Tri-Colored Home-Fried Potatoes
- 1/2 cup clarified butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup sliced sweet onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 lb purple potatoes, diced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- In a large saute pan, over medium high heat, combine the clarified butter and olive oil. (do not brown)
- Add the sliced onions to the hot pan. Saute until translucent.
- Lower the heat and add the garlic.
- Add all of the potatoes and mix well with the garlic and onions.
- Cover the potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cover and brown the potatoes until they are cooked evenly and tender. About 20 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and fresh thyme.