Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
|1/3 cup shortening|
|1/3 cup butter|
|1 and 1/4 cups flour|
|1 and 1/4 cups sugar|
|1/2 tsp baking powder|
|1/3 cup cocoa powder|
|1/2 tsp salt|
|1/2 cup milk|
|1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract|
|3 cups oatmeal|
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, melt the shortening and butter. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa, and salt.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the egg with the milk and vanilla.
- Add to the dry ingredients along with the shortening/butter mixture and stir until well combined.
- It is best to do this by hand, not with a mixer.
- Stir in the oatmeal.
- Drop by the tablespoon full onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.