Thai Sweet Chili Shrimp
- 30 large shrimp
- 2 oz butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 2 tbs cilantro, minced
- 2 tbs fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbs sweet chili sauce
- 4 hot Thai Chilies, chopped
- Peel and devein the shrimp leaving tails on.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan or wok.
- Add the garlic, sugar, lime juice, cilantro, basil and sweet chili sauce.
- Mix well, add the shrimp in batches, then cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until the shrimp turns pink and are cooked through.
- Serve the shrimp with toothpicks.
- Shrimp also may be cooked over a grill.