Warm Goat Cheese Salad
|3/4 cup walnut halves|
|mixed salad greens|
|1/4 lb of soft goat cheese|
|fresh chives for garnish|
- 6 tbs walnut oil
- 3 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- pinch of ground ginger
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- To make the dressing, whisk together the walnut oil, vinegar, honey, mustard and ginger in a small sauce pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat the dressing gently, stirring occasionally until warm. Add the walnut halves and continue to heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Arrange the salad greens on 4 serving plates and place spoonfuls of goat cheese on top.
Using a slotted spoon, lift the walnut halves from the dressing and scatter then over the salad.
- Transfer the warm dressing to a small pitcher.
- Garnish the salads with snipped chives and serve with the dressing.