|2 and 1/2 lbs chicken pieces|
|1 tbs canola oil|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 cup chopped onion|
|1 tbs paprika|
|3/4 cup chicken stock|
|1/4 cup dry white wine|
|8 oz sour cream|
|2 tbs flour|
|3 cups egg noodles|
- Remove the skin from the chicken pieces. Wash and dry thoroughly.
- In a saute pan add some oil and cook the chicken for about 15 minutes, turning frequently until browned on all sides.
- Season with salt and pepper. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and paprika to the saute pan and cook until onion is tender.
- Return the chicken to the saute pan, turning pieces to coat with the paprika mixture.
- Add the chicken broth and wine to the saute pan. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and cover. Simmer for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink and cooked through.
- For the sauce skim the fat from the pan juices. Measure out about a cup and 1/2 of the juices adding water if necessary.
- In a mixing bowl stir together sour cream and flour. Gradually stir the mixture into the pan juices. Pour into the sauce pan and using medium heat and stir until sauce thickens. You may add a dash ore paprika to the sauce if desired.
- Taste sauce for seasoning the drizzle over the chicken.