Curried Sesame Chicken Sticks
|4 chicken breast fillets, cut into strips|
|1/4 cup teriyaki sauce|
|1 tbs chili sauce|
|1 tbs plain yogurt|
|2 tsp curry powder|
|2 cups crushed corn flakes|
|1/4 cup sesame seeds|
|1 and 1/4 oz Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1 tbs corn starch|
|1/2 cup white vinegar|
|1/2 cup super fine sugar|
|1/4 cup tomato sauce|
|1 tsp chicken base powder|
- Combine the chicken strips in a bowl with the teriyaki sauce, chili sauce, yogurt and curry powder. Mix well, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine cornflakes, sesame seeds and Parmesan in a shallow dish.
- Drain the excess marinade from the chicken.
- Coat each chicken strip in the crumb mixture.
- Place the strips in a single layer on a greased baking tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until crisp and golden.
- To prepare the sauce, blend the cornflour with the vinegar and combine with the remaining ingredients and 1 cup of water in a small sauce pan. Stir over medium heat until the sauce thickens.
- Serve with sauce.