Sweet and Salty Party Nuts
|8 oz blanched almonds|
|8 oz pecans|
|1/4 cup sugar|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|1 tsp ground cinnamon|
|pinch ground cloves|
|1/2 tsp curry powder|
|1/4 tsp ground cumin|
|1/2 tsp black pepper|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread the pecans and almonds of a foil covered baking sheet. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until they are crisp and lightly colored. Remove and allow to cool.
- Combine the sugar, salt and spices in bowl and mix well.
- Heat a large non stick frying pan and add the almonds and pecans.
- Sprinkle with the spice mixture and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until the nuts turn golden. The sugar will melt and coat the nuts.
- Gently shake the frying pan often to ensure even cooking.
- If the nuts stick together, separate with a wooden spoon.
- Remove nuts from the heat and place them on a lightly oiled baking sheet to cool.