Potato Pancakes with Smoked Salmon and Sour Cream
|2 large baking potatoes, boiled and mashed|
|1 tbs rapid rise dried yeast|
|1 and 1/2 cups flour|
|canola oil for frying|
|1/2 cup sour cream|
|8 slices smoked salmon|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|Caviar or salmon roe for garnish (optional)|
|lemon slices for garnish|
|chopped chives for garnish|
- Place mashed potatoes, dried yeast and flour in a large bowl and pour in 1 and 1/4 cups of lukewarm water. Mix together well.
- Cover and leave to rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes or until the mixture has doubled in size.
- Heat a non stick frying pan using medium heat and add a little oil.
- Drop tbs full of of the mixture into the preheated pan.
- Cook the potato pancakes over medium heat for about 2 minutes, then turn over and cook for another 1 minute.
- Season the pancakes with some salt and pepper, then transfer them to a warm platter.
- Top with a dolup of sour cream and a slice of smoked salmon.
- You may also garnish with caviar or salmon roe.
- Sprinkle with some chives and serve with lemon wedges.