Grilled Polenta with Gorgonzola
- 6 and 1/4 cups water
- 2 tbs kosher salt
- 1/2 lb Gorgonzola cheese, room temperature
- 2 and 1/2 cups polenta (corn meal) white or yellow
- Bring water to the boil in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add the salt and reduce the heat so that the water is simmering and start adding the polenta in a steady stream.
- Stir constantly with a whisk until the polenta has all been incorporated.
- Switch to a long handled wooden spoon and continue to stir the polenta over a low medium heat until it is a thick mass and pulls away from the sides of of the pan. About 20-25 minutes. For best results never stop stirring the polenta until you remove it from the heat.
- When the polenta is cooked, sprinkle a work surface or large cutting board with a little water.
- Spread the polenta out on the surface in a 3/4 inch thick layer. You may alternatively spread the polenta on a foil covered baking sheet, cover and refrigerate for several hours until cool.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Cut the polenta into triangles or rectangles and grill or broil until speckled with brown on both sides.
- Spread the polenta slices with Gorgonzola and serve.