Spicy Asian Tiger Shrimp
|20 extra large tiger shrimp|
|1 tsp chili powder|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp fennel seed|
|5 Sichuan pepper corns|
|1 star anise, broken into segments|
|1 cinnamon stick, broken into pieces|
|2 tbs peanut oil|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 inch pieces of fresh ginger, grated|
- Add chili powder, salt and pepper and fennel seed to a bowl.
- Add the shrimp to the bowl and coat with the spice mixture
- In a wok or large frying pan using high heat add the oil, the sichuan peppercorns, garlic, star anise, cinnamon stick and ginger.
- Stir fry for about a minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the shrimp and continue to cook until the shrimp turn pink.
- Serve with rice.