Spicy Asian Tiger Shrimp
- 20 extra large tiger shrimp
- 1 tsp chili powder
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 5 Sichuan pepper corns
- 1 star anise, broken into segments
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- 2 tbs peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch pieces of fresh ginger, grated
- Add chili powder, salt and pepper and fennel seed to a bowl.
- Add the shrimp to the bowl and coat with the spice mixture
- In a wok or large frying pan using high heat add the oil, the sichuan peppercorns, garlic, star anise, cinnamon stick and ginger.
- Stir fry for about a minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the shrimp and continue to cook until the shrimp turn pink.
- Serve with rice.