|3 tbs unsalted butter|
|1 and 1/2 lbs leeks, white part only, cleaned and cut into small rounds|
|2/3 cup whipping cream|
|3 large egg yolks|
|kosher salt, white pepper to taste|
|9 inch pie shell, thawed, unbaked|
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Over low heat, melt the butter, add the leeks and simmer until tender, turning several times. About 6 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Whisk the cream and the egg yolks together. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Place the leeks in a large bowl and add the egg mixture. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture in the pie shell and bake until the quiche sets. 30-40 minutes.
- Let rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.