- 3 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 and 1/2 lbs leeks, white part only, cleaned and cut into small rounds
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 3 large egg yolks
- kosher salt, white pepper to taste
- 9 inch pie shell, thawed, unbaked
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Over low heat, melt the butter, add the leeks and simmer until tender, turning several times. About 6 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Whisk the cream and the egg yolks together. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Place the leeks in a large bowl and add the egg mixture. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture in the pie shell and bake until the quiche sets. 30-40 minutes.
- Let rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.