Molasses Whipped Sweet Potatoes
|3 large sweet potatoes, about 3 lbs|
|2 tbs unsalted butter|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1/4 orange juice|
|1/2 tbs brown sugar|
|1/2 tbs brown sugar\||\|
|1 tsp ground cumin\|
|2 tbs maple syrup|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and roast until easily pierced with a fork . About 1 hour.
- Peel the skin off of the sweet potatoes while still hot.
- By hand or in a mixer, smash potatoes until all large chunks are gone.
- Combine the sweet potatoes, butter, salt, orange juice, brown sugar, cumin, molasses and maple syrup in a large bowl.
- Continue to mix all together until all lumps are gone.
- Adjust any of the seasonings to your specific tastes.