|1 lb black olives, pitted|
|3 tbs capers|
|4 tins of anchovies in olive oil|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|1 frozen pizza dough|
|1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese|
|fresh parsley, chopped for garnish|
- Remove the lemon zest from the lemon add to a bowl, then squeeze the juice into the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the olives, capers, anchovies and process until smooth.
- With the motor running, add the oil gradually.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Thaw the dough, then roll out in a circle. on a floured surface.
- Spread the tapenade mixture evenly on the top of the pizza dough.
- Top with thin slices of the mozzarella cheese.
- If you don’t have a pizza peel and baking stone, place the pie on a baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Cook until the crust is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Note: It is best to use a pizza stone in the oven for this recipe.