Jamaican Ginger Bread
|2 cups ap flour|
|1 tbs baking powder|
|1/2 tsp baking soda|
|1 tsp ground allspice|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|8 oz unsalted butter|
|1/2 cup dark brown sugar|
|1 cup molasses|
|1 cup evaporated milk|
|2 eggs well beaten|
|1 oz freshly grated ginger root or 2 tsp ground ginger|
|2 oz crystallized ginger, minced|
- Sift the flour, baking powder, soda, allspice and salt together.
- Melt the butter cook and mix with the sugar molasses, milk and eggs.
- Add the the flour, blending thoroughly.
- Fold in the grated and the crystallized ginger.
- pour into a greased 9×5 loaf pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- If using ground ginger instead of freshly grated ginger, sift with the dry ingredients.