Low Calorie Banana Apple Bread
- 1/2 cup reduced calorie margarine
- Sugar substitute to equal 1 cup plus 2 tbs of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups ap flour
- 2 and 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 medium bananas, chopped
- 1 cup peeled, coarsely chopped apple
- vegetable cooking spray
This recipe contains only 105 calories per slice.
- Cream the margarine in a large bowl, then gradually add the sugar substitute, beating at medium speed on an electric mixer until lightly and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, and beat until thick and lemon colored.
- Combine the flour and baking powder and add to the creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Fold in the apples and bananas.
- Spoon the batter into a loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until a wooden pick or knife is inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.