Low Calorie Banana Apple Bread
|1/2 cup reduced calorie margarine|
|Sugar substitute to equal 1 cup plus 2 tbs of sugar|
|1 and 1/2 cups ap flour|
|2 and 3/4 tsp baking powder|
|3 medium bananas, chopped|
|1 cup peeled, coarsely chopped apple|
|vegetable cooking spray|
This recipe contains only 105 calories per slice.
- Cream the margarine in a large bowl, then gradually add the sugar substitute, beating at medium speed on an electric mixer until lightly and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, and beat until thick and lemon colored.
- Combine the flour and baking powder and add to the creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Fold in the apples and bananas.
- Spoon the batter into a loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until a wooden pick or knife is inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.