Pork and Peanut Wontons with Plum Sauce
|1/2 cup minced ground pork|
|2 scallions, chopped|
|2 tbs peanut butter|
|2 tsp oyster sauce|
|40-50 won ton wrappers|
|2 tbs cornstarch mixed with 5 tbs cold water|
|vegetable oil for deep frying|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
|lettuces and radishes for garnish|
|3/4 cup dark plum jam|
|1 tbs rice or wine vinegar|
|1 tbs soy sauce|
|1/2 tsp chili sauce|
- Combine the minced pork, scallions, peanut butter, oyster sauce in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- For the plum sauce, combine the plum jam, vinegar, soy sauce and chili sauce in a serving bowl and set aside.
- To fill the Wonton wrappers, place 8 wrappers at a time on a work surface, moisten the edges with the corn starch mixture and place 1/2 tsp of the filling on each one.
- Fold them in half, corner to corner, and twist to seal.
- Fill a large sauce pan or wok 1/3 full of oil and heat to 375 degrees.
- Drop the Wontons eight at a time, into the hot oil and deep fry for 1-2 minutes, until golden all over.
- Lift the Wontons out on to paper towels to drain.
- Serve on a platter garnished with lettuces and radishes along with the plum sauce for dipping.