Roasted Chili Garlic Sauce
|1 large ripe tomato|
|2 tomatillos, paper removed|
|1 cup dried chili de Arbol peppers|
|3 Anaheim chilies|
|4 cloves garlic|
|1 medium onion|
|3 chipolte peppers in sauce|
|1/2 cup ketchup|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 tbs cumin|
This is a delicious sauce that can be used with beef, chicken pork or seafood. I has a very deep spicy chili flavor.
- Add the tomato, tomatillos, Anaheim chilies, and garlic in a roasting pan and roast at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly then add to a blender or food processor.
- Add the dried chilies, chipolte peppers, ketchup, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Process until the mixture is smooth.
- Strain the sauce through a wire mesh strainer, the add to a sauce pan.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.