Roasted Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 2 tomatillos, paper removed
- 1 cup dried chili de Arbol peppers
- 3 Anaheim chilies
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 3 chipolte peppers in sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tbs cumin
This is a delicious sauce that can be used with beef, chicken pork or seafood. I has a very deep spicy chili flavor.
- Add the tomato, tomatillos, Anaheim chilies, and garlic in a roasting pan and roast at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly then add to a blender or food processor.
- Add the dried chilies, chipolte peppers, ketchup, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Process until the mixture is smooth.
- Strain the sauce through a wire mesh strainer, the add to a sauce pan.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.