Sauteed Calf Brains
- 1 lb calf brains
- 2 cups chicken stock
- juice of 3 lemons
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- chopped parsley for garnish
- 1 stick unsalted butter
These calf brains are lightly poached then pan seared in brown butter and finished with lemon juice.
- Add chicken stock to a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Add the calf brains and reduce heat to a simmer. Poach brains lightly for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove brains from stock and let cool slightly, then cut into 1 inch chunks.
- Add the butter to a large saute pan and using medium heat allow butter to melt and to turn slightly brown.
- Add the calf brains, then season with salt and pepper.
- Saute the brains, turning several times until golden brown.
- Add lemon juice to the pan and spoon the juice and brown butter over the brains.
- Place the brains on a platter and garnish with parsley.