Sauteed Calf Brains
|1 lb calf brains|
|2 cups chicken stock|
|juice of 3 lemons|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|chopped parsley for garnish|
|1 stick unsalted butter|
These calf brains are lightly poached then pan seared in brown butter and finished with lemon juice.
- Add chicken stock to a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Add the calf brains and reduce heat to a simmer. Poach brains lightly for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove brains from stock and let cool slightly, then cut into 1 inch chunks.
- Add the butter to a large saute pan and using medium heat allow butter to melt and to turn slightly brown.
- Add the calf brains, then season with salt and pepper.
- Saute the brains, turning several times until golden brown.
- Add lemon juice to the pan and spoon the juice and brown butter over the brains.
- Place the brains on a platter and garnish with parsley.