Fried Calf Brains
- 1 lb calf brains, cleaned
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup ap flour
- canola oil for frying
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- lemon wedges for serving
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
These calf brains are crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside.
- Clean the brains and cut into 1 inch chunks.
- Fill a sauce pan or deep fryer 1/3 full with oil and heat to 360 degrees.
- Season brains with salt and pepper
- Meanwhile add the brains to the beaten egg and let the excess drip off.
- Then add the brains to the flour and coat completely and shake any excess flour off.
- Add the brains to the hot oil in batches if necessary and fry until golden brown. About 3-4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Place brains on a platter, garnish with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.