Shell Fish Steam Pot
|1/2 lb scallops|
|1 dozen mussels|
|1 dozen little neck clams|
|1 lb live crawfish|
|6 small onions, peeled and left whole|
|1/2 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 inch rounds (optional)|
|4 cloves garlic, crushed|
|4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4's|
|3/4 cup old bay seasoning|
|2 bottles clam juice|
|3 cups dry white wine|
|1/2 lb shrimp|
- In a large stock pot add wine, clam juice along with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Add the potatoes, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add the crabs, onions and Crawfish and garlic, cover and continue to steam.
- Sprinkle with the old bay seasoning.
- Cook for another 10 minutes then add the mussels, clams and scallops. Cover and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Remove contents from the stock pot and spread out over newspaper on a table.
- Spoon the broth into small bowls for sipping.
- Serve with crusty bread.