Ginger Pineapple Dip with Apples and Pears
|1 (8oz) package of cream cheese, softened|
|1 cup plain yogurt|
|1/4 cup honey|
|2 tsp fresh ginger, grated|
|1 (8oz) can crushed pineapple, drained|
|1/3 cup water|
|2 red apples|
|1 golden apple|
|1 tbs minced almonds, toasted|
|juice from 2 lemons|
|Crackers for serving|
- Beat cream cheese, yogurt, honey and ginger until creamy.
- Fold in pineapple, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, squeeze juice from the lemons and mix with the water.
- Remove the cores from the fruit and slice into wedges, then dip into the lemon/water mixture to prevent browning. Drain just before serving.
- To serve arrange dip in an attractive bowl in the center of a platter and surround it with fruit wedges and crackers.
- Sprinkle the dip with the toasted almonds before serving.