Grand Mariner Ice Cream
|1 quart French vanilla ice cream|
|1/2 cup Grand Mariner|
|Grated orange rind|
- Slightly soften ice cream.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of the Grand Mariner until blended.
- Pour ice cream in a mold and cover. Freeze for several hours or overnight until firm.
- One hour before serving, cut oranges into sections, peel and seed.
- Pour remaining 1/4 cup Grand Mariner over orange sections and refrigerate.
- About one hour before serving, unmold the ice cream. To unmold, dip mold in cool water for a few seconds, dry and invert on a serving plate.
- Run a knife abound the edges of the mold to break suction.
- Return un-molded ice cream to the freezer.
- To serve, surround mold with orange sections and garnish with mint leaves and grated orange rind.