Spicy Roasted Tomato and Pepper Salsa
- 2 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 3 Serrano peppers or hot peppers of your choice
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Place the tomatoes, onion and peppers on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and place the baking inside and roast for about 20 minutes or until skins start to blacken somewhat.
- Remove from the oven and add the vegetables to a large zip lock plastic bag and let steam for about 15 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from plastic bag, then remove the blackened skins.
- Chop the vegetables and add to a non reactive bowl along with the cilantro and lime juice. If you like it spicy do not remove the seeds from the chilies.
- Season with salt and pepper.