Spicy Roasted Tomato and Pepper Salsa
|2 large ripe tomatoes|
|1 large onion|
|3 Serrano peppers or hot peppers of your choice|
|juice of 1 lime|
|1 small bunch cilantro, chopped|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Place the tomatoes, onion and peppers on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and place the baking inside and roast for about 20 minutes or until skins start to blacken somewhat.
- Remove from the oven and add the vegetables to a large zip lock plastic bag and let steam for about 15 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from plastic bag, then remove the blackened skins.
- Chop the vegetables and add to a non reactive bowl along with the cilantro and lime juice. If you like it spicy do not remove the seeds from the chilies.
- Season with salt and pepper.